The Monrovia Foundation for Haiti was founded in 2012 with a goal of helping the poor and disadvantaged people of Miragoane, Haiti by providing access to better education and helping to improve living conditions. Prior to formally founding the Monrovia Foundation for Haiti as a Non Profit 501(c) (3), its founders had been privately supporting the people of Miragoane, Haiti since 1989. Through the generous support of people from around the nation - and the world, we have been able to pay tuition for hundreds of schoolchildren each year. The Monrovia Foundation for Haiti has also donated computer equipment, school supplies and other educational necessities.
Our mission is ongoing, and our commitment to helping this community rise above its physical, environmental, and cultural challenges is unwavering. We believe that access to education is the key to Haiti's future.
How & why we're helping and why you should get involved and support us
Meet the volunteers who are making it happen; our board members
See us on Facebook for the latest M4H news. Also see our calendar for the latest M4H activities
Each year, we resolve to continue our work with a focus on providing:
• Educational scholarships (an education in Haiti is NOT free, and is often a choice between putting food on the table or sending a child to school)
• After school enrichment programs
• School supplies; from the simple things like pencils, notepads, paper and backpacks; to computer labs and administrative supplies
• Donated goods – School uniforms and other clothing, shoes, books & toys
• Physical help; we're always looking for those individuals who have it in their hearts to lend a helping hand
• Tools and strategies that aid or promote self-sufficiency
We can't do it alone. Please explore our website, learn what we're about, and get involved. Miragoane's future will be brighter with your help.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
All fields are required.